Mahjong Titans is a form of solitaire that is played with tiles instead of cards. The object of this game is for a player to remove all tiles from the board by finding matching pairs. When all the tiles are gone, the player wins.
How to Play Mahjong Titans
- Open the Games folder: Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Games, and click Games Explorer.
- Double-click Mahjong Titans. (If you do not have a saved game, Mahjong Titans starts a new game. If you do have a saved game, you may continue your previous game.)
- Select the tile layout: Turtle, Dragon, Cat, Fortress, Crab, or Spider.
- Click the first tile you want to remove.
- Click the matching tile and both tiles will disappear.
Class and Number
You have to match tiles exactly to remove them. Both class and number (or letter) of the tile must be the same. The classes are Ball, Bamboo, and Character. Each class has tiles numbered 1 through 9. Also, there are unique tiles on the board known as Winds (match exactly), Flowers (match any flower), Dragons, and Seasons (match any season).
To remove two tiles, each of them must be free - if a tile can slide free of the pile without bumping into other tiles, it is free.
- To go back a step – use Undo.
- To erase a move - click the Game menu, and click Undo (you will lose two points, but you can do this as many times as you want. The only penalty is losing points).
- Use hints - click the Game menu, click Hint, and two matching tiles will flash or right-click on a tile and a free matching tile will flash.
- Combination bonuses – if you match pairs of the same class two or more times in a row you get bonus points. You also get extra points for clearing both pairs of flower or season tiles in a row.
Adjust the Game Options
Turn sounds, tips, and animations on and off and turn on auto saves, using the Options dialog box.
- Open the Games folder: Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Games, and clicking Games Explorer.
- Double-click Mahjong Titans.
- Click the Game menu, click Options.
- Select the check boxes for the desired options and click OK.
Save Games and Continued Saved Games
If you want to finish a game later, just close it. The next time you start a game, the game will ask you whether you want to continue your saved game. Click yes, to continue your saved game.